1. Introduction & General Terms
Assetgrove Lettings Limited, the developer and owner of various websites and mobile applications, is committed to protecting your personal data (“Personal Information”). When we refer to ”we” or ”our” “Assetgrove” we are referring to Assetgrove Lettings Limited, who is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- What Personal Information Assetgrove may collect about you;
- How Assetgrove will use Personal Information we collect about you;
- When Assetgrove may use your Personal Information to contact you;
- Whether Assetgrove will disclose your Personal Information to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us
2. Who are we?
Assetgrove Limited is a marketing company focused on bringing innovative solutions to small and medium sized businesses. Our products and all related trademarks, service marks and patents are wholly owned by Assetgrove.
3. What Personal Information will Assetgrove collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of our services, products, activities or content, such as by creating an account, registering for or redeeming a loyalty offer or a retailers loyalty programme, accessing newsletters, participating in competitions or submitting information via our ‘Feedback’ form, ‘Get on Board’ form or message boards we may receive Personal Information about you. This can consist of data such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
When you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email.
Please note that sometimes we will ask you to provide additional Personal Information. When we do this we will provide further details as to why we are collecting your Personal Information and how we will use it. The types of personal information we collect are names, email addresses, and aggregated information available via Facebook. We also gather geo-location data for the purpose of providing relevant offers to you via our mobile applications.
4. How will we use the Personal Information we collect about you?
We will use your Personal Information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, products, activities and offers and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our products when you choose to do so;
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service, product, activity or offer you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders);
- To contact you about a submission you have made via our website or mobile applications, including any content you provide in that submission;
- To provide you with information about our services, products, activities or offers, including services, products, activities or offers provided by our participating retailers, where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes (see section 6 below); By agreeing to our Basic Terms, you are providing consent for us to provide you with information about the services, products, activities or offers provided by our participating retailers, whether it is communicated by Assetgrove directly or communicated directly by the participating retailer;
- To personalise the way content is presented to you (e.g. we may use your location or address to present which participating retailers are closest to you);
- To identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- To analyse and improve the services offered by us;
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and To notify you about changes to our services.
5. When will we contact you?
We may contact you:
- In relation to any service, product, activity or offer you have signed up for;
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services or the products or services of our participating retailers;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our products or services (participation is always voluntary); and
- For marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below).
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or offers where you have agreed to this. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by selecting the opt-out feature on our communications.
7. Will we share your Personal Information with anyone else?
We will not share your Personal Information with any third parties except in the following circumstances
- Where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or any regulatory obligation;
- In order to enforce or apply our Basic Terms and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Assetgrove, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging Information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Assetgrove or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To retailers who participate in any programmes administered or run by Assetgrove for marketing purposes, although only where you have consented to the sharing of your Personal Information for such purposes; or As described in section 8 below.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on Assetgrove
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our websites or at participating retailers or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your Personal Information to stop such behaviour. Where we reasonably believe you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your Personal Information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any Personal Information to us. Users aged 16 or under without this consent must not provide us with Personal Information.
10. How long will you keep my Personal Information?
We will hold your Personal Information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we hold such Personal Information. In particular, if you cancel or make your account inactive, your account will stay on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted.
11. Where will you store the Personal Information you hold about me?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Specifically, you may be provided with access details (such as a password) in order to access our products and services. It is your responsibility to ensure that your access details remain confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
12. Can I find out what Personal Information you hold about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you (as permitted under the Act).